Monday, November 21, 2011

Your Fighting Style

How many times have we heard that styles makes fights? Moreover, how many time have we heard the term striker versus grappler? These are but some of the many terms we hear when assessing and predicting fights in MMA. As a self professed striker, I believe that a well rounded game is essential to fighting in MMA, however one can't help but building or rely on their strengths when fight time comes.

As a person who's trained before in Boxing and Muay Thai, I have a very deep appreciation of the stand-up game and most preferably would fight that way. However, given my skinny frame and long reach (5'11 and 150lbs.), many have also told me to try out Brazilian Jujitsu (BJJ), as I have the supposed tools to make it good in BJJ. We'll I would be trying it out in the future for my need to be well rounded. I'm guessing a good combination of Boxing, Muay Thai and BJJ would be my perfect combination if I would truly pursue fighting in MMA.

How about you? What is your favored style.

No comments:

Post a Comment