Monday, November 28, 2011

Lyoto Machida disses Jon Jones!

In a recent article from abs-cbnNews.com, title contender Lyoto 'The Dragon" Machida had some choice words to say about current Light Heavyweight Champion Jon "Bones" Jones, specifically his rise in the sport.



Jones became the light heavyweight champion by defeating Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, who defeated Machida to win the title. The 24-year-old Jones has often been described as a once-in-a-generation talent and the future of the UFC.

"Jon Jones is a star," said UFC commentator Joe Rogan in an interview with UFC.com.

But Machida is not impressed with Jones.

"Jones' rise doesn't impress me," Machida said. "I had my moments in the UFC, too."

Both fighters provide an unorthodox way of fighting which had been a puzzle to those they had fought. Although, Rua defeated Machida, then Jones beat Rua.

The interview goes on with Joe Rogan saying;

"His footwork and his ability to move in and out, almost like a fencer, is really like no one else in the entire division," Rogan said of Machida.

"When I lost the belt, it was difficult for me, but I learned a lot. Now I feel more prepared to fight for the belt," Machida said. "I've learned to work better under pressure."

Machida is determined to give Jones a hard fight when they meet at UFC 140, saying, "This is the toughest division in the UFC. Every fight is a test."

"I want to feel it again, that belt around my waist," he said.

Well, the pre-fight talk is starting to build-up, and I wonder what Jones has to say about what Machida has said. Anyway, it's going to be another epic fight for the UFC Light Heavyweight belt, and we'll see if the Bones Jones hype will stand this test.

No comments:

Post a Comment