Sunday, April 20, 2014

Former UFC Champ Rich Franklin Headed for a Position as a ONE FC Vice President

As many of you may have already heard, former UFC Middleweight Champion Rich "Ace"Franklin has in immediate effect retired from MMA competition in order to take up a role as Vice President of ONE FC according to multiple MMA and sports media outlets.



Franklin later confirmed this through his social media accounts.

“I have been in talks with ONE FC about taking a job with them. They offered me a position as VP,” he wrote. “I will be heading to ONE FC headquarters in the next few weeks to work out the details. I met with Dana and Lorenzo at the end of last year and they gave me their blessing. I will keep you posted.”

This is wonderful news as it not only brings a sensible and well experienced MMA mind in the reigns of ONE FC but it also gives us MMA fans here in Asia a chance to get to see more of Rich even though not in a fighting capacity. Also, with a brilliant MMA and business mind, I'm sure he has lot's to contribute to the growing sport of MMA here in Asia.

It is also notable that Matt Hume, his long-time trainer has been highly involved with ONE FC in his role as Vice President of Operations and Competition.

With that, Congratulations to you Rich Franklin and as a fan I'm excited to see what you can bring to ONE FC and also excited to have you visit the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment