Thursday, February 16, 2012

PXC 29 Weigh-Ins Updated

The PXC will be holding its official weigh ins today at 11AM (Manila) at the Ynares Sports Arena at Kapitolyo, Pasig City.



PXC 29 will be held tomorrow February 18, 2012, also at the Ynares Sports Arena and it starts at 7pm. The event will be headlined by a flyweight title fight between Ale Cali and Jesse Taitano, and will be graced by Mark Munoz.

Tickets are sold at all SM Ticket Outlets.

Official weigh-in results after the jump.






Jesse ‘Spiderman’ Taitano was two pounds under the 125-lb. weight limit Friday in Pasig City as he prepares for the flyweight title bout in Saturday’s PXC 29 here in Manila.


Spiderman Taitano easily made weight, Taitano will take on Davao native top flyweight fighter Ali Cali, who also weighed in at 123 pounds.

“I just gotta go in there and get the belt,” said Taitano after stepping off the scale. “I’ve been training for this. I’m pretty antsy. I wanna win the belt, go home and enjoy it.”

Taitano’s opponent said he’s never prepared more for a fight than for this one.

“I’m very aware that Taitano is a very tough fighter,” Cali said through an interpreter. As for Cali’s unique style that may be viewed as showboating, he said it’s his style. “I do it to confuse my opponent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.”

Taitano has said on several occasions that he wants to finish the fight in the first round. Cali was asked about that prediction and replied in English, “I’ll try my best.”

Bigler vs. Price

Both tall welterweights came in at exactly 170 pounds. This is Bigler’s first fight outside of Guam and could be facing his toughest opponent yet.


Dorian Price faces off with Ryan Bigler in what is a highly anticipated welterweight bout.

“Usually when I cut weight, I’m grumpy and my body feels tired, but because I’m mentally prepared, this weight cut didn't matter. I feel I can fight right now,” Bigler said after weighing in. “But I’m looking forward to getting back to my 185-187 pounds for the fight.” he added.

The 33-year-old Price fought in the UFC Ultimate Fighter but has spent the last 10 months in Thailand fighting 11 fights in the arena of muay thai. He’s well aware of Bigler's all around game.

“I know he’s well-rounded, good on the ground and good on his feet,” Price said. “He might be the most well-rounded opponent I’ve fought in MMA. Even fighting UFC and Ultimate Fighter guys, what I’ve seen and heard about Ryan, he’s very well-rounded. I look forward to fighting him.”

Tenorio vs. Astudillo

19-year-old Jay Tenorio weighed in at 130 pounds for his pro debut. Filipino opponent Carlo Astudillo tipped in at 129 pounds. It is Tenorio’s first visit to the Philippines.

155-pound champion Harris Sarmiento is fighting in the 145-pound division. Sarmiento weighed in at 146 pounds. He will fight Raja Shippen, who was able to meet the weight limit. Referee Tony D’Angelo will be in the ring for the main event fights. He has 447 fights under his belt…UFC fighter Mark Munoz arrives Saturday morning and will take part in the PXC 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment