Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Boxing and MMA

Many purists believe that Boxing and MMA are in a direct collision course with each other, it has been on of the hottest burning debates in sports this decade. True enough we've seen personalities like Bob Arum and UFC president Dana White go at it in terms of viewers and Pay-Per-View buys, as well as forums discuss the very topic. Well for me the only similarities between boxing and MMA is that they are both combat sports.



Both sports have their own brands of fighting and promotion, and as a fan of MMA and Manny Pacquiao I do enjoy watching both. It really seems absurd to me when I read posts or news about one trying to bury the other. I honestly think a better relationship between the to sports would be beneficial that anything else and I can help each other reach a higher level when it comes to promotion and education for both sports.

Anyway, whatever may happen I would still follow both sports as they truly entertain me. There might be some let downs in certain bouts but if your are a true fan of fighting you would love and continuously be entertained by both sports.  

No comments:

Post a Comment